Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home1/jwbrook1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/duplicate-page-and-post/admin/duplicate-page-and-post.php on line 324
Family Law Mediation Expertise for California Divorce and Disputes
Jane Wesley Brooks is a proven third party mediator and attorney for many clients in the family law mediation process. Jane knows both the legal rights involved as well as the assortment of emotions that can come into play. Our San Diego family law attorney can save you and your family time, money, and emotional energy by counseling and representing you through your family law matter in mediation.
San Diego Mediator Helps Clients Reach Quick and Workable Resolutions of Divorce Cases
Unlike a trial, there are no sides in mediation, only parties attempting to resolve their dispute in a healthy and collaborative manner. This process is facilitated by a mediator who is trained in dispute resolution and communication techniques. Both parties are still represented by their attorneys, but the process is focused on issues and interests and crafting a solution that works for everyone. If the mediation fails to bring about a resolution, the parties may still proceed to litigate the case in court.
The Benefits of Mediation
There are numerous time-saving and emotional benefits to mediation. Some of the main benefits of mediation include:
- Quicker Settlements – The California courts are severely overburdened, and cases can take years to resolve. Mediation provides timely way to get on with your life based upon your schedule.
- Less Expense – Since a mediated settlement is resolved faster, it is less expensive than litigation. The Law Offices of Jane Wesley Brooks does not charge a huge retainer for mediation but rather bills for work performed on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Confidential Process – A court case is a public proceeding, and judicial opinions are a matter of public record. If you prefer to keep your financial affairs and the issues in your divorce private, mediation offers that level of confidentiality which is lacking in court.
- Ownership of Results – Mediation is more personal than a court setting and requires more active involvement from the parties themselves. When a party is involved and personally invested in crafting the solutions to their issues, they are more likely to adhere to the settlement over a court-ordered one, which can require going back to court repeatedly for enforcement of court orders.
- More Control Over the Outcome – With hands-on involvement in the settlement process, you are able to fine tune the details to best fit your needs. You also have a stronger voice in the timing and outcome of the dispute.
- Effectively Preserving or Terminating a Relationship – Ending the marital relationship can be tricky, especially when children are involved. Setting healthy boundaries and responsibilities for future interactions is often disregarded by the court. Mediation provides the means to address the relationship dynamics and allows the parties to complete the process with dignity and respect.
Talk to Jane about Family Law Mediation
Anything that can be done in court can be done in mediation. But in order to make sure everything is done correctly, you need a mediator who is also a family lawyer. Jane Wesley Brooks is both. If you are interested in learning more about the advantages of mediation or requesting the services of an experienced mediator, contact The Law Offices of Jane Wesley Brooks today to schedule an appointment. We look forward to your call.